PE, School Sport and Physical Activity: Lockdown and Beyond Webinar
Monday 13th July 2020
Delivered by BEP and partners Sport Birmingham, PE at Home and the School Games Organisers, this free 1 hour webinar was presented to support a Headteacher or PE Lead in Primary and Secondary Schools to:
- Understand the expectations and requirements of PE and Sport Premium reporting for 2019/20
- Become familiar with the PE at Home resources to support home-schooling
- Learn about the Pathway to Podium initiative to celebrate your schools achievements
- Understand how young people and schools can engage in the Birmingham Virtual School Games Challenges
easing of lockdown measures and the phased return to school.
With Government announcements on the easing of lockdown measures, the phased return to school for some primary pupils from 01 June 2020, as well as some secondary pupils the Youth Sport Trust are now moving their support to help schools manage that transition whilst maintaining our support for those parents that still have children at home
Youth Sport Trust are a national charity passionate about creating a brighter future for all children and young people through the power of sport.
With children and young people experiencing declining emotional health and wellbeing, increasing obesity levels and high youth unemployment, the mission of the Youth Sport Trust has never been more important.
There is overwhelming evidence to demonstrate the power that PE and school sport has to change young people’s lives; unlocking their potential, helping them to be healthy and happy, ultimately going on to lead successful lives and positively contribute to society. Their unique solutions maximise the power of sport to grow and develop young people, impacting on their well being through physical literacy and character.
BEP and Youth Sport Trust are working collaboratively to:
- develop a voice for Primary, Special and Secondary Headteachers through the development of the Birmingham Headteacher Healthy Active Schools Alliance
- deliver a universal offer of support for Primary schools – providing training, guidance and support for effective use of Primary PE and Sport Premium
- align a PE, School Sport and Wellbeing offer into existing BEP programmes (NewStart, Global Issues, Arts, Careers and Enterprise)
This will be achieved through:
- consultation and advocacy through the Birmingham Headteacher Healthy Active Schools Alliance
- engaging with school leaders and practitioners
- offering and delivering a series of CPD events
- Project Lead jointly funded by Youth Sport Trust and BEP, working 2 days per week to support these outcomes
- providing CPD event attendees with Youth Sport Trust Level 1 Membership
- a bank of freely available templates, guidance and other resources