Recruiting the right leader in education is one of the most important and challenging responsibilities a Governing Board will undertake. The collaboration between Birmingham Education Partnership and BIRCH-HR will guide and support Governors through the recruitment process, ensuring it is well planned, cost effective, compliant and has the school’s/Governor’s vision and ethos at heart. This includes support with CEO, Executive Headteacher, Headteacher or Deputy Headteacher appointments and/or brokering interim leadership arrangements.
ABOUT THE LEADERSHIP RECRUITMENT SERVICE
A dedicated BEP consultant will guide Governors through the recruitment process with support and advice from BIRCH-HR. All BEP consultants are either former or serving headteachers/school improvement leaders. The BEP approach is to work collaboratively with specialist senior schools HR Consultants providing unparalleled levels of professional support, expertise and experience to Governors.
We provide a flexible service, a complimentary initial meeting, guidance and a toolkit for Governors in maintained schools, academies and Trusts.
For more information click here.
WHAT IS THE LEADERSHIP RECRUITMENT OFFER?
Our comprehensive offer includes:
- Recruitment project planning and role scoping, taking into account the future needs and requirements of the school
- Timeline and key milestones
- Guidance on the recruitment campaign, branding, advertising and preparation of the application pack to maximise candidate interest and attract talent
- Support to review and update the job description/person specification
- Brokering and identifying interim headteacher support
- Defining the pay and reward package
- Adherence to national conditions of service for maintained schools, pay policy, statutory and non-statutory guidance
- Adherence to market forces and pay flexibility for academies
- Support with facilitating interim headteachers and leaders
- Shortlisting and interview preparation
- Attendance and constructive participation at the interview
- Feedback to candidates
- Post recruitment and induction support
“Headteacher recruitment is a daunting prospect for many Governors. Getting the process right and making the right decision. I believe that securing the right support to guide you through the process is imperative. BEP brought rigorous, strong advice and calm management to every aspect of the process. I am happy to recommend their support to fellow Governors” Hunters Hill Technology College
“It was good to have such expert advisers to steer us through one of the important decision’s a Governing body has to make”. Clifton Primary School
“Ensuring the right leadership recruitment support at the right price is essential to improve outcomes for young people. The collaboration between BEP and BIRCH-HR provides an excellent balance of high quality and experienced advice and support to Governors across the City when they need to recruit a new leader” Baroness Estelle Morris, BEP Chair
For further information or to book a complimentary, no obligation scoping consultation
Please call 0121 285 0924 or email email@example.com