Recruitment Information for Project Worker (Wider Learning) based at Birmingham Education Partnership
- To deliver an agreed programme of work supporting schools in delivering a broad and rich curriculum within and beyond the school day.
- Supporting schools practically with their ambition to deliver their curriculum by:
- a) Working with outside organisations whose activities will be offered to schools
- b) Setting up and maintaining low cost and practical ways of supporting schools in planning, procuring and delivering the best possible learning experiences for all their children. In particular to include:
- i) A database and signposting service for free and low cost transport options
- ii) A web-based mechanism through which schools can understand, populate and deliver their Wider Learning Guarantee
- To design and maintain a project structure that enables objectives and priorities to be established, tasks to be agreed, responsibility allocated, and progress monitored.
- To create specific resources for schools that will help them to deliver their deliver wider learning commitments.
- To support the Inclusion Lead and the Inclusion project worker as and when required and in agreement with the Wider Learning Lead.
- Creation and maintenance of the project structure.
- Ensuring that all stakeholders are informed of agreed project objectives and outcomes.
- Ensuring that events linked to the wider learning project are delivered effectively.
- Liaising with web developers to create a sustainable website that supports schools in the delivery of their wider learning commitments.
- Researching and gathering content for a website of low cost and free learning activities that are defined by outcomes and purpose.
- Using the 10 themes / areas
- Mapping links with all relevant partners and parallel structures
- To take lead responsibility for the creation of specific resources for schools that will help them to deliver wider learning commitments. Including:
- Development of a low cost schools travel offer
- The management of other discreet strands of work as agreed with the Wider learning Lead.
To communicate effectively utilising different vehicles ie letter, email, phone or face to face, with all parties including external agents and/or partners, colleagues and associates at all times.
The post holder may be required to lead or support other projects as required by the organisation.
To undertake any other duty as required by the organisation, commensurate with pay grade, skills and experience.
To work with BEP colleagues to:
- Develop a shared knowledge of BEP projects and products, and create opportunities for mutually beneficial linkages between them.
- Provide mutual support to the development, marketing and delivery of all BEP projects and projects.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience of project management
- Proven ability to lead discreet operational strands of work to successful completion to include the agreement of project objectives and ensuring effective delivery
- Experience of working in a school setting.
Key Skills & Knowledge
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Proficient in Microsoft and utilisation of databases.
- Drive and determination
Key Performance Measures
- Establishment of a project structure that enables objectives and priorities to be established, tasks to be agreed, responsibility allocated, and progress monitored.
- Delivery of costed options for the delivery of a sustainable website.
- Establishment of a sustainable website if delivery is approved
- Creation of a low cost travel offer to schools.
- The effective delivery of key events, including an event to launch the wider learning guarantee.
- Effective communication of the wider learning guarantee and of the support available to schools to help them to fulfil their guarantee commitments.
- BEP is compliant with all legislation and good practice guidance in relation to data protection.
The organisation reserves the right to make reasonable changes to this job description in consultation with the employee.
To apply please forward details of your education/career history and referees, using either a CV or existing teacher application form, to email@example.com. Please also enclose a covering letter (maximum 2 sides of A4) indicating your suitability for the role against the job description and person specification.
|Deadline for applications||5pm Friday 8th February 2019|
|Interviews||Week commencing 11th February 2019|