Recruitment Information for Manager of City Wide School Improvement Projects Role based at Birmingham Education Partnership
To manage the delivery of a range of city-wide school improvement projects for both primary and secondary schools to ensure that Birmingham attainment in all key measures
- Work closely with the Teaching School Alliances, Hubs and schools providing support to develop a school improvement offer for both primary and secondary schools which addresses school needs.
- Researching and understanding alternative offers across the city and co-ordinating them into a more cohesive offer of school improvement CPD which is then available to wider audiences of schools and avoids duplication.
- To analyse current and historic projects to identify affordable and effective packages of support for schools and identify gaps and school needs to develop future projects.
- To manage the organisation of whole city projects which includes resources, venues, delivery, communication both internal external, feedback and follow up.
- To support the evaluation and quality assurance of activities and projects to ensure that outcomes are being achieved.
To ensure that BEP has the evidence of achievement against the contract KPIs to enable robust and effective reporting against the contract
To communicate effectively with all Stakeholders
The post holder may be required to lead or support other projects as required by the organisation.
To undertake any other duty as required by the organisation, commensurate with pay grade, skills and experience.
To work with BEP colleagues to:
- Develop a shared knowledge of BEP projects and products and create opportunities for mutually beneficial linkages between them.
- Provide mutual support to the development, marketing and delivery of all BEP projects and projects.
Qualifications & Experience
- First Degree
- Qualified Teacher Status
- 5 years+ experience of systems leadership across many schools
- Proven track record of organizing events and CPD across a city
- Experience of facilitating meetings across a number of schools
- Understanding of both primary and secondary schools
- Management of Teaching School
- SLE status
Key Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of the role of Teaching Schools in School Improvement
- Building effective relationships with stake holders across the education system
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Management of multiple education projects across a large number of schools
- Strong communication skills for a range of audiences
- Ability to quality assure and evaluate projects for effectiveness
- Ability to work as part of a centrally based team.
- An understanding of the role of BEP and how it can further contribute to School Improvement
- Developments in systems leadership at a national level
- Drive and determination
- Delivery of a compelling set of school improvement offers that schools need, want and can afford.
- Increase the number of schools that BEP works with for school improvement.
Key Performance Measures
- Birmingham children are increasingly attending good or outstanding schools – achieving incremental improvement year on year relative to the core cities, statistical neighbours and national averages.
- Improve performance at key stages 1 and 2 relative to the core cities, statistical neighbours and national average each year.
- Improve performance relative to the core cities, statistical neighbours and national average each year at key stage 4 for the duration of the contract.
The organisation reserves the right to make reasonable changes to this job description in consultation with the employee.
To apply please forward details of your education/career history and referees, using either a CV or existing teacher application form, to email@example.com. Please also enclose a covering letter (maximum 2 sides of A4) indicating your suitability for the role against the job description and person specification.
|Deadline for applications||Sunday 27th January 2019|