This course has been assured for DfE grant-funded Senior Mental Health Lead Training.
Course Code: SMHL017
This two-day training course will give Senior Mental Health Leads a firm grounding in the theory and practice of leading and establishing a whole school approach to mental health and wellbeing. Structured for the schools or Senior Mental Health Leads in the emerging or foundational stages of building a whole school approach, this training will give you the tools to audit and action plan under the 8 public health principles of a whole school approach and delivered by a highly experienced mental health and educational team.
NB: This is a 2 day training course and should be attended by the same person on each day.
This will be face to face training. All dates will be held at EEF Technology Hub apart from 9th December – which will be held at Swanshurst School.
By the end of this training you will:
• Have a clear understanding of the role and remit of a Senior Lead for Mental Heatlh
• Increase your skills and confidence in the leadership and change management of this area of school development
• Understand key statutory and non-statutory drivers for the whole school approach
• Develop a comprehensive and coherent action plan for your school to sit within your school improvement plan which keeps mental health on the school agenda
• Network with colleagues to collaborate and share practice along with understanding wider opportunities available to you to support your and your staff team’s development
The DfE Senior Mental Health Lead grant application process is now live.
This is a really exciting and important opportunity and we want as many Birmingham settings as possible to be able to take advantage in this round.
Please read all of the bullet point below to ensure that you are able to comply with all of the small print.
As grants for this financial year are limited, please apply for your grant before you book onto this training. The DfE will be operating a waiting list once all grants have been allocated. Apply here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/senior-mental-health-lead-training-grant-funding
The bullets below give you more detail. Be aware there are a number of hyperlinks here which give you the ‘small print’ which you must ensure you have checked:
The Senior mental health lead training gov.uk page is now updated with information for schools and colleges on how to choose and book a training course and apply for a grant: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/senior-mental-health-lead-training
There will be DfE grants available for eligible schools to cover all or some of the cost of training courses. You can read about eligibility criteria and grant conditions here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/senior-mental-health-lead-training-grant-funding. You will need to check your own eligibility.
If you book using the grant process, you must retain emails etc as evidence of your booking and the course code for the training you are booking on to as these will be used for verification by the DfE.
There is a tool to help you select an appropriate training based on your needs that can be found here: https://www.leedsbeckett.ac.uk/smhl.
We understand that it is currently the aim of the DfE to make grants available to all maintained schools by 2025
We hope as many of you as possible are able to take up this opportunity.
*NB – By booking this event, you agree to BEP’s Terms & Conditions.
- Senior Mental Health lead Training - SMHL017 - Tuesday 16th November AND Thursday 9th December
16th November 2021 - 9th December 2021
08:30 - 16:00
- Senior Mental Health lead Training - SMHL017 - Wednesday January 19th AND Tuesday February 15th
19th January 2022 - 15th February 2022
08:30 - 16:00
- Senior Mental Health lead Training - SMHL017 - Thursday March 3rd and Wednesday April 6th
3rd March 2022 - 6th April 2022
08:30 - 16:00