Do you lead History in your school? BEP have collaborated with The Historical Association, whose specialist course leaders along with Christine Counsell will lead this training in order to support Secondary school History teachers / subject leaders to design and implement a powerful History curriculum in their settings.
- Understanding Ofsted’s four key words: ‘scope, coherence, rigour and sequencing
- Understanding the role of knowledge in a secondary history curriculum, especially in bringing access for the marginalised, disadvantaged and lower-attaining
- What does appropriate breadth, depth, richness and complexity look like? building the diversity of the past into a coherent curriculum
- Why sequencing matters in providing access for all
- What does Ofsted mean by ‘the curriculum is the progression model’?
- Using historical content to engage and inspire
- The substantive and the disciplinary: how to use strong enquiry questions to shape lesson sequences
- Finding strong but simple and straightforward assessment models
OUR FINANCE TEAM WILL EMAIL YOUR SCHOOL AN INVOICE. PLEASE IGNORE THE WEBSITE GENERATED VERSION.
- SECONDARY History Subject Development Day
24th March 2021
09:00 - 16:15
Venue: Hosted on Zoom