Recruitment Information for Business Development Lead based at Birmingham Education Partnership
- Identify new business or funding opportunities that BEP may wish to pursue and to present these for consideration to the Senior Management Team. To lead the development of bids for new business or funding that BEP agrees to pursue.
- To act as BEP’s customer services manager.
- To identify and develop compelling new traded support services that schools may wish to purchase from BEP on a commercial basis.
- To manage the delivery of support services that BEP provides for schools on a commercial basis.
- Scanning grant sites and contract procurement systems to identify grant funding or business opportunities that BEP may wish to pursue.
- To summarize grant funding and business opportunities and to present these to the senior management team for consideration.
- To support or lead project teams to formulate responses to grant and contract opportunities.
- To submit bids for grants or contracts.
- To act as BEP’s customers services manager, building effective working relationships with schools that enables customer need to be identified and for high levels of customer satisfaction to be achieved.
- To ensure the successful delivery of a suite of traded support services to schools
- To support or lead internal project teams to develop new commercial offers to schools based on identification of school need.
- To ensure that BEP’s commercial offers to schools are marketed effectively.
- To manage the delivery of commercially traded support to schools ensuring that these meet customer need and are delivered effectively.
- To support the training and development of other BEP staff so that business development skills are embedded across the staff team.
To communicate effectively utilising different vehicles i.e. letter, email, phone or face to face, with all parties including external agents and/or partners, colleagues and associates at all times.
The post holder may be required to lead or support other projects as required by the organisation.
To undertake any other duty as required by the organisation, commensurate with pay grade, skills and experience.
To work with BEP colleagues to:
- Develop a shared knowledge of BEP projects and products, and create opportunities for mutually beneficial linkages between them.
- Provide mutual support to the development, marketing and delivery of all BEP projects.
- Experience of grant and contract procurement systems.
- Proven experience of developing and winning bids for grants or contracts.
- Experience in customer service and/or client relationship management
- IT literacy and experience of using database effectively and accurately.
- Experience of finance and budgeting in relation to bid writing and development of services.
Key Skills & Knowledge
- The ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with customers, partners and suppliers.
- Entreprenuerial instincts to seek out all opportunities for new business income and funding opportunities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with experience of presenting to external audiences.
- The ability to manage the delivery of core services.
- An organised and strong project manager who is self-motivated with the ability work on their own or part of a team.
- Excellent planning skills and ability to manage a varied and busy workload and to work to tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of the education sector.
- Problem solving – the ability to anticipate, assess and deliver innovative solutions/recommendations to problems with clear logical thinking.
Linked to our Behavioural Framework with specific focus on:
- Leading by Example
- Takes ownership
- Working collaboratively
- Delivering successful outcomes
- Effective communication
- Evaluating options and problem solving
Key Performance Measures
- Production of a termly report summarizing grants and contracts opportunities identified, responded to and awards achieved.
- Production of a termly report summarizing BEP’s commercial offer to schools, the development of new offers, the volume of sales achieved and the level of surplus resulting.
- Grant and contract opportunities are identified and summarized for the consideration of the senior management team.
- Timely, full, responses are made to grant and contract opportunities.
- Securing a minimum of £250,000 additional funding for work that supports delivery of BEP priorities.
- New commercial offers are developed, resourced and marketed.
- The volume of commercially traded support provided to schools is increased. Generating a new business income of at least £100,000.
- The surplus generated from the provision of commercially traded services is increased.
- BEP is compliant with all legislation and good practice guidance in relation to data protection, health and safety and other compliance regulations.
The organisation reserves the right to make reasonable changes to this job description in consultation with the employee.
To apply please forward details of your education/career history and referees, using either a CV or existing teacher application form, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also enclose a covering letter (maximum 2 sides of A4) indicating your suitability for the role against the job description and person specification.
|Deadline for applications||5pm on Friday 8th February 2019|
|Interviews||Week commencing 18th February 2019|