The Birmingham Association of School Business Management (BASBM) provides support and networking opportunities to enable members to share best practice.
The aims and objectives of the BASBM group are:
- To represent the views of Bursars, Business Managers, Finance Officers and Senior Administrators in schools within the Birmingham area.
- To seek to raise the profile of Bursars, Business Managers, Finance Officers and other Support Staff in schools.
- To provide regular updates and consultation opportunities on both local and national issues.
- To raise awareness of professional training and development opportunities available to members in order to enhance their personal development and that of the leadership and management of their school.
- To provide professional support to all members to enable them to both enhance and improve the effectiveness of their schools.
- To seek representation, as appropriate, on local authority and other forums/focus groups and working parties.
- To meet on a regular basis (at least once a term) and to invite outside speakers to talk on current issues
- To provide all members with regular networking opportunities, including full 24/7 access to the BASBM website.
Our website provides a very effective platform for our members extend their support for each other between meetings. Our members enjoy access to discussion forums where they can seek advice and share information; they can also access important bulletins, a calendar of events, useful documents and educational information and link with other Business Managers across the Central England Region.
In addition, all members can utilise the www.jobsinschools.org website to advertise teaching or support staff vacancies free of charge.
Membership subscriptions are currently £50.00 per member, per year.