Bringing you the latest news and updates from the world of education.
- The DfE has published guidance on what academies, free schools and 16–19 colleges should publish on their website (30 June 2016).
EFA FINANCE UPDATES
- The EFA has published the Pupil Premium allocationsfor 2016–17, with first quarter payments to academies on 6 July 2016 (30 June 2016).
- The EFA has also published provisional UIFSM allocations for 2016–17(30 June 2016).
- The EFA has published the Academies Financial Handbook 2016setting out the financial management, control and reporting requirements for all academies (1 July 2016).
- The statutory guidance on schools causing concern has been updated to include information on the DfE intervention powers in pupil referral units judged inadequate by Ofsted (27 June 2016). From 27 June 2016, the Secretary of State has had a duty to make an academy order in respect of a PRU that has been judged inadequate (requires significant improvement or special measures) by Ofsted, requiring it to become an alternative provision (AP) academy. This duty will apply to PRUs judged inadequate prior to 27 June 2016, in addition to PRUs that are judged inadequate subsequently. There are also other details in the document regarding the role of RSCs