Read about what work CPTSA are currently doing and developing.
- We are now in our third year of School Direct ITT provision.
This year, we have made 6 general primary offers working with BCU, 2 primary (3-7) offers working with UCB and 3 secondary offers with UoB. We are not able to recruit any more primary due to the Dfe guidelines, however Queensbridge,as our lead secondary school, are still recruiting for single subjects.
All our Associate Teachers will start in September if conditions of their offers have been met. We run our bespoke Highly Employable Teacher programme for all our trainees which equates to 50 hours of CPD from NLEs/SLEs and experienced teachers, all taking place at our Teaching School.
- We are running our Young Researchers project again this year with 10 schools (primary and secondary) taking part. We are working in partnership with UCB and are hosting a conference at the university for all the children to present their findings, on Tuesday 28th June. We would love BEP to come along to this as it is a fabulous piece of work
- Our Assessment without levels work is now in its third year. The initial research has been published by the Dfe. Our STEP UP AWL tool has been developed by teachers for teachers and we have had contact with, through training, meetings, moderation etc.., with just under a 100 schools from across our Alliance and beyond (Coventry and Staffs)
We are entering into a new partnership with FROG education who are providing the platform for a tracking tool for STEP UP. Schools that buy into FROG will automatically have STEP UP on their system with links to our website for SLE support, CPD and invitations to cross moderate.
(All our courses can be booked through our website www.cptsa.co.uk)
- We are in our 3rd successful year of our NQT year long programme. This is based around the Teacher Standards and we are currently training 37 NQTs from across the city. The course includes a 2 day residential at Hotel La Tour, all about behaviour management. Bookings are now being taken for our new programme which starts in September
- We also run an RQT (recently qualified teacher programme) annual programme in response to demand from our NQTs who want some more support and again this is booking for September now
- We offer a suite of Early Years training which includes Twilights and an annual conference being held at The Regency Hotel in Solihull on June 9th. These events are proving to be really popular and we have regular attendance around 25 – 30 at each Twilight
- We have just secured the license to continue to run and develop the NPQSL at Colmore and are in the process of setting up the transfer of funds etc.. from BCC. We will be launching a calender of events for a new course to include some spin off courses which Viv has developed around key issues such as Closing the Gap
- We are launching a new SENCO programme in the Autumn for both SENCOs and Teachers and TA’s. This has been written by a cross phase primary and secondary team of experienced SENCOs from across our Alliance
- The Colmore Top Teacher programme is in its 4th successive year and is aimed at teachers wanting to get from good to outstanding and can be accessed in a Twilight or a full 3 day course option
- We are developing a TA course to launch in the Autumn and also a Mastering Facilitation skills programme that has been written by Viv Randall and Patrick Amali
- The AWL moderation sessions and the” Mastering a Year Group” (Yr 1, Yr2 etc.. ) courses have proven to be a success and we have encouraged schools we are supporting to access these
- We are holding our third free of charge annual conference at BCU on 5th July which we will be inviting you to. This showcases the work we do and encourages networking and new schools to join our Alliance
- We are currently supporting a number of schools with SLE and NLE support through work commissioned by BEP and schools contacting us directly
- We have a NLG who has been working with Governing Bodies of schools in a category
- Our SLE pool (29 SLEs )work not only in supporting schools but on developing and delivering our CPD offering and our School Direct programme
- We are holding an ” Aspiring SLE” event on 19th April to encourage other outstanding practitioners to work with us or indeed become an SLE themselves.